The PlanetHop! Social Network...
- This should be a doozy...To try to understand what we’re dealing with tonight http://www.losangelesramsteamonline.com/jared-goff-jersey , I linked up with Christopher Dunnels from Canal Street Chronicles, the SB Nation community for New Orleans Saints fans.What do you guys have left to figure out among the offensive depth in terms of what we’ll see in the game?How about on the defensive side?We’re gonna see you guys in a little more than two months at yalls place in Week 9 right around the midpoint of the season. That’s a lot of football to come, but what are you expecting from the Saints between now and then?I’ll go on record saying the Saints will be 5-2 by the time these two teams meet again (with losses against the Falcons and Vikings). It is incredibly important for the Saints to at least be 4-3 at this point as the Saints still have the Eagles, Steelers, two with the Panthers, and another with the Falcons after the Saints get done with the Rams in Week 9.Early season matchups against a Jameis Winston-less Buccaneers, a Tyrod Taylor-led Browns, and a questionable Giants team are huge chances for the Saints to pad the win column a bit. If the Saints lose those early games, the season could be lost before it even really gets started.Which players are absolutely key for their roles for you guys this year? Obviously, everyone knows QB Drew Brees. And we know some of the bigger name guys on both sides of the ball. But are there any key role players or lesser heralded guys that are going to need to step up to meet fan expectations?Speaking of, what are the expectations? Before last year, yall were riding a three-year string of 7-9 seasons. Last year clearly has raised the bar. So what would satisfy fans in 2018?Thanks to Christopher for the time.2018 college football Week 6: Live thread, streaming, TV info Last week, I looked at a couple dynamics taking shape this college football season.You’ve got a clear top tier of four teams (Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St. and Clemson) that clearly aligns with the playoffs. Could things get disrupted? Sure. Hell, OSU needed to overcome a 12-point deficit in the 4th quarter on the road aided by a really, really, really, really, really, REALLY shitty fourth down call from a good Penn St. team in order to stay undefeated. Will is get disrupted? I mean Authentic Brandin Cooks Jersey , I’d bet on it...but I’d bet less on it than any year in recent history.So because of that, we’ve got to lean into situational scouting throughout the day with many of the best matchups coming late.Today though, I’m going to take a bit of a different tack and look at some of the draft scenarios the Los Angeles Rams could be facing in the 2019 NFL Draft and how today sets up to solve some of them.Scenario #1: LT Andrew Whitworth gets undone by Father Time and the Rams need a LT1 immediatelyYes, Whitworth is playing fantastically through a quarter of a season. And yes, the Rams drafted Joseph Noteboom in the third round of the 2018 NFL Draft. But Whitworth’s time will come at some point, and if you’re just going on faith that Noteboom will pan out, I’d like to reward you with absolutely nothing after Alex Barron, Jason Smith and Greg Robinson.So let’s at least consider this with some sincerity.Alabama OT Jonah Williams is probably the top option here, but (a) should his stock hold, he’ll be gone before the Rams pick and (b) Bama’s playing Arkansas today, so no. The latter is at work for Ole Miss OT Greg Little playing UL-Monroe today. You’ve got to wait for those two to get time. Same goes for Wisconsin OT David Edwards, but he’ll go up against Michigan in primetime next week so mark that one down.But Oklahoma OT Bobby Evans gets Texas and DE Breckyn Hager, the younger brother of Rams ILB Bryce Hager, in the Red River Shootout. If you want your early OT fix, this one’s the hit.Scenario #2: None of the Rams’ options at the edge impress and the top obvious need coming out of the season is an EGDEOSU EDGE Joey Bosa and Clemson EDGE Clelin Ferrell could both be top 3 picks.I suppose you could make a case for LSU Tigers LB Devin White here because he could probably play any linebacking position and maybe safety and maybe tight end and maybe running back and maybe return kicks, but I also suppose you could make a case for just watching Devin White play some damn football. With Florida up today, Georgia next week and Alabama in less than a motnh...yeah, watch Devin White play some damn football.And while Mississippi St. EDGE Montez Sweat going up against Auburn in Starkville (CLANGA!) could be very, very, very entertaining, you get Florida St. EDGE Brian Burns and Miami EDGE Joe Jackson in the same game. Take the twofer.Scenario #3: S Lamarcus Joyner hits free agency and the Rams look at safeties earlyI like me some Marqui Christian as much as any Rams fan, but this one could obviously come to pass.Were USC in action with a decent opponent, S Marvell Tell III would be an easy pick here. Not sure there’s a good opponent to gauge Tell against until Notre Dame in late November after Thanksgiving.Alabama S Deionte Thompson? Again Brandin Cooks Jersey Elite , Arkansas...We could get weird here in the Rob-o Bowl with Washington S Taylor Rapp against UCLA.But get on that situational scouting tip and get in a look at Boston College Eagles S Lukas Denis against the #23 North Carolina St. Wolfpack. The Rams could obviously pair him with his former BC teammate, S John Johnson III.Scenario #4: WE NEED A BACKUP QB.This isn’t even a hypothetical. It’s just a fact. Backup QB Sean Mannion is in a contract year, and it would break Rams fans’ collective mind to see him re-signed.Clearly, the Rams aren’t going to touch the top talents with QB Jared Goff now playing the best football of his career. That being said, I’m not even sure who the top talents are right now.Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham faces a very stingy MSU defense. MSU QB Nick Fitzgerald faces a very stingy Auburn defense. So that’s a very good option.Boise St. QB Brett Rypien is very draft hipster if you wanna go that route, and San Diego St. is pretty fun in terms of an opponent ESPECIALLY given BSU’s schedule.Here’s the weird balance with this scenario.Remember about a year and a quarter ago, famed former Rams RB Eric Dickerson called for Mannion to start over Goff. And that’s Sean Mannion. So can you even invest all that much in a QB? Mannion was a third-round pick. Could the Rams legitimize a third-round pick on a QB? Like, if West Virginia QB Will Grier is there in the third, that’s a pretty attractive pick in general. But would it be too disruptive for the Rams with Goff? Grier’s younger brothers, Nash and Hayes, are Instagram superstars/influencers/what the hell evers. I would think they’d be pretty damn interested in heading out to LA...Scenario #5: The Rams head into the draft comfortably being able to draft the best player available throughoutWhile #4 isn’t a future scenario and more of a current one, this one is probably the least likely of the potential scenarios. The Rams have a pretty unique roster set up for 2019.There’s no need to draft a wide receiver. Or a running back. Or a defensive tackle.And there’s no need early to draft a quarterback.And we don’t have a second-round pick thanks to the trade for CB Marcus Peters.So there’s only going to be so many scenarios with the first-round pick, given how late it’s likely to be, that will make sense. And there on, there’s plenty to rule out especially once you start making picks. Could the Rams take a tight end in the first round? I suppose. But then you’re not taking another one the rest of the draft until Round 6 at the earliest.I’m just throwing this out there for general scouting.Looking for cornerback talent? Notre Dame CB Julian Love gets Virginia Tech tonight. And that Auburn-MSU game has a strong duo in Auburn CB Jamel Dean and Miss St. CB Jamal Peters.The tight end thing pique your interest? Missouri TE Albert Okwuegbunam is starting to look very impressive. And Kentucky TE C.J. Conrad isn’t putting up great numbers, but Kentucky football! You can get Conrad and OLB Josh Allen against Texas A&M Aggies and not feel bad about it!Inside linebackers? This is shaping up to be a really good ILB class. Matchup-wise, wait for Notre Dame ILB Te’Von Coney. Talent-wise, you can’t really go wrong. You could pick up Vanderbilt ILB Charles Wright against Georgia and do just fine.Still reading? Offensive linemen! They’re everywhere!But let’s save that for another week. We’re 1,200 words deep with plenty to look at and talk about.Here’s your watch guide with full schedule, TV listing and stream options.
Read More...12 days ago
- After the iffy defensive performance by the Kansas City Chiefs in the second preseason game against the Atlanta Falcons, I looked at the inside linebacker play pretty extensively.It was simply poor.On Saturday Authentic Tyreek Hill Jersey against the Chicago Bears, the Chiefs got to see their two starting inside linebackers suit up for the first time together — hoping their joint appearance would help shore up a defense that’s been struggling in the preseason.Last year, the inside linebacker position was a problem for much of the season, but started seeing some stability as Reggie Ragland got more playing time. This offseason — after losing Derrick Johnson and Kevin Pierre-Louis — the Chiefs brought in former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens to be Ragland’s running mate. filling the weak inside linebacker position Johnson had vacated. But thanks to injuries, we hadn’t had a chance to see Hitchens perform in a Chiefs uniform until Saturday. I haven’t really explained my film review process— or what I am looking for in a review — so this seems like a good spot for that.I’m not looking for specific production — that is, how often a player wins on a given play — but rather for traits and skills a player displays that will accurately predict future performance.That said, after a period of time, results do matter.When the sample size gets big enough — and there are consistent results — then exactly how a player got those results matter less. The number of Chiefs players that fall into that category is very small — and the few who do also display very good traits and skills.I’m not trying to grade a player’s past game.Instead, my goal is to use the last game to assess their ability to perform well in the next game.These two methodologies align, but in the course of a season, there could be some discrepancies.Now let’s head down to the Laboratory — where the tape is rolling 24/7 and legal pads are bought by the dozen.Anthony “The Hitman” HitchensThe Bears game was very clearly Hitchens’ first live action of the year, and you could practically see the rust fall from him.Since he was also on a new team, you could see the confusion over assignments written on his face.So this wasn’t a perfect coming-out party. Still, Hitchens showcased a lot the traits that made him a highly sought-after free agent. In his first action, Hitchens played two and a half quarters and finished with seven solo tackles. That’s pretty good — but does the tape say the same? This is a relatively simple play on the surface, but it shows the technical nuance to Hitchens game — something for which he may not have been given enough credit when he was signed.The first step Hitchens makes is with his right foot — and it’s less of a step than it is a repositioning of his foot so that he can come downhill. This is a read step that allows Hitchens to be flowing with the play as he reads the nearest offensive guard. The next step he takes — after reading the offensive line — is a large step forward at the aiming point Womens Eric Murray Jersey , based on the blocks in the boundary A-gap.Rather than push forward into the logjam of bodies, Hitchens breaks down just on the other side of the gap and starts to read the running back. As the runner tries to bounce outside, Hitchens is able to slide down the line of scrimmage — mirroring him — and uses his hands to keep distance from any blockers trying to reach out to him.His angle is a bit more passive than I expected to see — something I noticed a few times in this game — but technically, it makes sense.Eventually, Hitchens loses sight of the runner, and it’s safer to move from depth back to shallow. This was a little flashier play that every Chiefs fan should be excited to see.Hitchens takes his initial read-step again,but instead of just preparing to explode downhill, he takes the inside running back handoff through the back-side A-gap and beats the second level blocker with ease.Based on the read, the quarterback tries to pull the ball, but with Hitchens shooting the gap so cleanly, even a successful pull of the ball would still result in a tackle for a loss.This play should be noticed by fans because it shows how Hitchens — who approaches the game and his fits very systematically — can be an explosive player, turning in game-changing plays. He isn’t going to scream through every gap possible and live in the opponent’s backfield, but when the situation calls for him to be first through the line, he has the tools to excel. This is one of those plays that Hitchens doesn’t attack any gap.A play like this one can throw off the integrity of the defense’s gap responsibilities. Hitchens could easily have taken the inside A-gap dive like on the play above, but instead, he uses the late defensive line motion to make a belly key read.Taking the dive could have led to another blown play in the backfield — or could have given up all control of the uncovered B-gap and risked the running back seeing this opening and simply cutting off his blocker’s hip. This is a significantly less flashy — but more effective — technical approach to Hitchens’ position that will manifest itself throughout the coming season. With more and more teams running zone reads, having second-level players who can quickly identify their gap assignments — and how they can attack them — is essential to slowing down RPOs as well as read option plays.This is something to watch if you want to see textbook linebacker play. Hitchens shows fantastic technique Womens Kendall Fuller Jersey , base, and an ability to slip around the block. He has great hands and body control when blockers approach — while giving up no ground. Little plays like this will likely go unnoticed, but mentally and physically, this was an impressive play from Hitchens. Here is a pretty basic snap with Hitchens in coverage, but it shows that he’s not as terrible as it might have seemed during the live watch.He has to carry a slot wide receiver vertically — one who is a better athlete than he is — and does so to the proper depth, and with a good shuffle into a backpedal to prepare to break downhill. He is coming from pretty deep — and off the screen — but he is breaking before the ball is released.While he’s the second man to the receiver, he is in the perfect position to stop this play before the first down marker.As he closes to tackling range, Hitchens shows a little bit of the rust he is still knocking off. He always comes in balanced and breaking down — which is great — but in this game, there were a couple of examples out in space that he started breaking down a step or two early, which allowed receivers to react to his angle and pick up a few extra yards.Out in these open areas, the game can happen super-fast for defenders, and in his first real live action this year, you could see Hitchens trying to get back into his rhythm. If Hitchens’ engagements in space were the appetizers of worry in the Chicago games, then his general zone awareness and communication/assignment responsibility were the main course.He starts this play in perfect position right over his man, gets good depth and squares his hips to the receiver as they break.Then, inexplicably, Hitchens takes his eyes off his receiver — and the ball — looks to the back side of the offense http://www.thechiefsfootballauthentic.com/mitchell-schwartz-jersey-authentic , and opens his hips like he’s about to run under the deeper over route or break on the underneath drag route. He simply never sees the ball thrown.Despite being in perfect position to make the tackle or force an incompletion, his late reaction gives the receiver a window to cut back outside for a big gain after the catch. Hitchens plays it almost like he’s expecting the slot defensive back to switch off onto the stick route while he carries the deep over route — but no one else on the field is playing like there’s a switch in assignments.There were a few other plays where Hitchens appeared to be playing under different rules than the other inside linebacker or the rest of the defense. Andy Reid and Bob Sutton have both since spoken about defensive miscommunications — this is now the third consecutive week the inside linebackers have had this problem — and how this group of secondary players hasn’t gotten that much playing time together.It’s not something you can completely blame on Hitchens, but it’s also something to monitor. Another thing to monitor is the comfort level the Chiefs will have with Hitchens in man coverage.On this play, the Chiefs are willing to line him up out wide — even if against a fullback/H-back — which speaks to their confidence in him in space, and in coverage.It’s easy to call for Hitchens to press on this play, but it’s something you will rarely see linebackers do out in space because they don’t have the reps to backpedal and flip their hips when they need to.In man coverage, it’s more important for linebackers to stay over the route with square hips, and break downhill once they see the break.That’s what happened here. As the fullback sinks his hips to make his inside break, Hitchens quickly redirects his momentum forward towards the catch point, and comes downhill. He doesn’t arrive early enough to affect the catch, but does arrive before the receiver can turn upfield with the ball.There is a bit of bad luck — Ragland arrives nearly at the exact same time, and the sandwich impact helps the receiver stay on his feet and fall forward for an extra two or three yards.For Hitchens, this was an isolated play in man coverage, so a conclusion can’t really be drawn from it.Yet the trust of the staff — and the technical soundness of this play — are a good first step. The bottom lineThis was the third week the Nerd Squad has the I beakers and pipettes out, but after seeing this defense, it seems like a good investment.Anthony Hitchens is going to be a pivotal part of the Chiefs run and pass defense.His first game should at least give people hope that he’s exactly we were told he could be for the Chiefs.I would expect a good bit of improvement in terms the biggest weaknesses detailed here — the speed of his game in space and miscommunications in pass coverage — and for that improvement to come pretty quickly.In addition, his combination of play diagnosis http://www.thechiefsfootballauthentic.com/ron-parker-jersey-authentic , downhill play, and first step explosion should lead to Hitchens having quite an impact in the run game this year.He has more than flashed the ability to excel in every aspect of linebacker play against the run — shooting a gap and taking the dive, playing patiently and mirroring running backs, shedding blocks, slipping blocks, holding contain, and working scrape reads down the line of scrimmage. This game was far from perfect for Hitchens, but the traits and skills he displayed were those of an upper echelon NFL linebacker.Arrowheadlines: Mahomes says he and Chiefs are going to put up points every week The latestPatrick Mahomes Breaks Peyton Manning’s NFL Record for Most TDs in 1st 3 Weeks | Bleacher ReportA tale of two hot starts: Patrick Mahomes and Ryan Fitzpatrick | ESPNNine seconds of chaos: Inside Chiefs star Patrick Mahomes’ scrambling TD pass vs. 49ers | Kansas City StarChiefs Dominate First Half vs San Francisco | 610 Sports RadioJosh Allen Light Up Vikings, Patrick Mahomes Is Getting Boring, Garoppolo Goes Down, Rams Still a Juggernaut But鈥?| Sports IllustratedInjuries we’re tracking from Sunday’s Week 3 games | NFLAs Chiefs air it out, Kareem Hunt is happy to share the throne with Patrick Mahomes | Kansas City StarPatrick Mahomes: ‘We’re going to go out there and try to put up points every week’ | Fox SportsChiefs’ New Tailgating Rule Irks Fans, But Seems Not To Be Enforced | KCURAround the leagueBills shock unbeaten Vikings as 17-point underdogs | ESPNJosh Rosen replaces Sam Bradford late in Cards loss | NFLPhillip Lindsay tossed from Broncos game after throwing punch | ESPNDrew Brees breaks record, accounts for 5 TDs in win | NFLNFL insider notes: Texans should start fire sale, Bortles breaks bad and more from Week 3 | CBS SportsMatthews: NFL ‘getting soft’ with roughing penalties | NFLMiller: Broncos must ‘get it right’ before Chiefs come to Denver for ‘Monday Night Football’ | Denver BroncosIn case you missed it at Arrowhead PrideA record-setting game from Patrick Mahomes, as the Chiefs beat the 49ers 38-27Chiefs beat 49ers: 9 winners and 5 losersThe Dixon Five: Chiefs beat 49ers 38-27...Social Media Information:AP Facebook Page: Click here to like our pageAP Instagram: Follow @ArrowheadPrideAP Twitter: Follow @ArrowheadPrideAP Editor-in-Chief: Pete Sweeney: Follow @pgsween610 Sports Twitter: Follow @610SportsKC
Read More...12 days ago
- linchao created a new topic ' Hottest Take of the Week - Looking back on the Bea' in the forum.Week one of the NFL season is in the books. The takes that came from it were scorching and plentiful.The NFL’s defensive player of the week was the non-Packer www.authenticsgreenbaypackers.com , TJ Watt. With four sacks he was an obvious standout, but Matub sums up the whole ordeal in one simple sentence.An argument about defensive lines has cropped up recently involving the Vikings and the Packers. Who has the better interior? Most Packer fans will tell you that it’s close due to the dominance of Mike Daniels and Kenny Clark. Most Vikings fans will say that Linval Joseph is a true difference maker and newly acquired Sheldon Richardson will be sure to bounce back. Matub looks at PFF’s grades for all four players and draws a comparison with the Packers’ new linemen, Muhammad Wilkerson.After a short look at a ridiculous conspiracy theory, Matub goes into last week’s opponent. He lays down his takes about the Bears and where he stands compared to his previous opinions from last week’s video. How good are the Chicago Bears? How good is Mitchell Trubisky? Was Khalil Mack worth it? What should be expected from the Bears moving forward?Finally, the Minnesota Star Tribune is featured once again on Hottest Take of the Week. They believe that if you have to ask about Aaron Rodgers’ health then he isn’t healthy enough. Matub briefly touches on their point Green Bay Packers T-Shirt , but mostly brings up shortcomings of the Vikings’ team.Stay tuned through the end for a special wager. Let us know down in the comments if you agree or disagree with Matub (and also if you’re excited about his bet).Packers Training Camp 2018: Live practice updates for August 2 The Green Bay Packers get back to work on Thursday morning following a day off from practice on Wednesday, as preseason action finally pulls into focus around the NFL. This evening, the league kicks off its exhibition season with the Hall of Fame Game, pitting the Chicago Bears and Baltimore Ravens against one another. The Packers, however Green Bay Packers Hats , have another week to go until their preseason opener as they host the Tennessee Titans next Thursday.Of course, Family Night is coming up sooner than that, as the Packers will practice inside Lambeau Field on Saturday evening in front of a packed house of fans. That event is sold out — as always — but should be a great time for players and fans alike.Today, however, the Packers start their work at 11:15 local time Green Bay Packers Hoodie , with a cool but dry day in the forecast. It should be a nice day for the players, though, and we’ll keep an eye on practice throughout the day thanks to the excellent work of the media covering the team live from Ray Nitschke Field.Practice Updates from Packers MediaTweets from twitter.com/TexWestern/lists/packers-news
Read More...12 days ago
- Tyler Eifert has suffered what appears to be a major injury during the Bengals’ matchup with the Falcons.It happened in the third quarter as Eifert suffered a gruesome right ankle injury that was so bad that the TV broadcast wouldn’t even show a replay of the injury. After being examined by trainers for several minutes Youth Andrew Billings Jersey , Eifert had to be carted off the field with his leg in an air cast. This comes as Eifert was starting to become a major weapon in this offense again. He caught a touchdown earlier in the game and was making a big impact in keeping Cincinnati ahead 28-24 when the injury occured.You hate to speculate this early, but that looked like an clear season-ending injury. It’s really unfortunate for Eifert, who is playing under a one-year deal and was hoping to earn his first major payday in 2019, but that almost certainly just ended. We’ll update this story as more details come out...NFL Week 2 Primer: Cincinnati Bengals (1-0) vs. Baltimore Ravens (1-0) The Bengals don’t get to enjoy their win against the Colts for long, as they will be matched up against the Ravens in the first installment of Thursday Night Football this season. This will be the second consecutive year that the Bengals will play on a Thursday night in Week 2. They lost in a low-scoring affair to quarterback Deshaun Watson’s Texans last season, and it was the last game Ken Zampese held the distinction of offensive coordinator for the Bengals. His 2017 season ended with the offense scoring just three field goals and no touchdowns at the conclusion of that game.Such issues on offense don’t concern the Bengals as much this year. Now, they have the chance to take an early lead in the AFC North as the Ravens were the only other team in the division to win on Sunday. Here is everything you need to know for when the Bengals host the Ravens for Thursday Night Football: Game: Cincinnati Bengals (1-0) vs Baltimore Ravens (1-0)Date/Time: Sep. 13th, 2018 at 8:20 p.m. EST Location: Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, OHStreaming: Fubo TVSeries Leader: Series tied at 22-22Streak: The Bengals have won seven of the last nine.Coaches vs. Opponent: Marvin Lewis: (18-12) . John Harbaugh (9-11)TV Broadcast: The game will air nationally on NFL Network and is produced by FOX-TV. In Cincinnati, it also will be carried by WKRC-TV (CBS Ch. 12). Broadcasters are Joe Buck (play-by-play) Youth Shawn Williams Jersey , Troy Aikman (analyst), Erin Andrews (sideline reporter), Kristina Pink (sideline reporter) and Mike Pereira (rules analyst). Radio Broadcast: The game will air on the Bengals Radio Network, led by Cincinnati flagship stations WLW-AM (700), WCKY-AM (ESPN 1530; all sports) and WEBN-FM (102.7). Broadcasters are Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Dave Lapham (analyst). SB Nation Ravens site: Baltimore BeatdownWeather: Mid 70’s, partly cloudy [NFL weather]Odds: Ravens, -1.5 [Odds Shark]Bengals NotesAndy Dalton completed 21 of 28 (75 percent) for 243 yards with two touchdowns and an interception for a 109.7 passer rating last week. He threw for three touchdowns and no interceptions in last meeting with the Ravens. In the past five games against the AFC North, Dalton has 13 touchdowns and only two interceptions for a 101.7 passer rating. He aims for his fourth game in row against the division with two or more passing touchdowns ans no interceptions.Joe Mixon had 149 scrimmage yards (95 rushing and 54 receiving) and a rushing touchdown in Week 1. He had 96 rush yards in his last meeting with Baltimore. In past three against the AFC North, Mixon has 304 scrimmage yards (101.3 per game) and a rushing touchdown. Giovani Bernard aims for his third in a row against the Ravens with over 70 yards from scrimmage.A.J. Green had 92 receiving yards and a touchdown last week. He has 695 receiving yards (99.3 per game) with six touchdowns in the past seven meetings against the Ravens. He has five touchdown catches in the past six at home against the AFC North. In the past two games on Thursday Night, Green has 240 receiving yards (120 per game) and a receiving touchdown. Tyler Boyd had a game-winning49-yard touchdown catch with 44 seconds remaining in fourth quarter in the last meeting between these two teams. John Ross caught his first-career touchdown last week. Tyler Kroft had two touchdown catches in last meeting, and has six receiving touchdowns in the past five games against the AFC North. Tyler Eifert has a touchdown catch in two of his last three meetings with the Ravens.Geno Atkins has 3.5 sacks in his past four games at home against the Ravens. Carlos Dunlap has sacks in three of his past four meetings with Baltimore. He aims for his third game in a row against the AFC North with a sack. He has six tackles for loss in the past five games against the division. Darqueze Dennard had and 89- yard interception returned for a touchdown in the last meeting. Carl Lawson has 1.5 sacks and two tackles for loss in his past two games at home against the division. Safety Clayton Fejedelem had 10 tackles Womens Tyler Boyd Jersey , a forced fumble and an 83-yard fumble recovery for a touchdown last week.Ravens NotesThe Ravens had six different players score offensive touchdowns in Week 1.Quarterback Joe Flacco completed 25 of his 34 passes (73.5 percent) for 236 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions for a 121.7 passer rating last week. He has 760 passing yards (253.3 per game) with five touchdowns and two interceptions in his past three games against the AFC North. Flacco has 3,861 career pass yards against the Bengals, the second most among active quarterbacks.Running back Alex Collins was one of the six Ravens to find the end zone in Week 1. He had 96 scrimmage yards (78 rushing and 18 receiving) and a rushing touchdown in his only career meeting with Cincinnati. Collins has 314 scrimmage yards (104.7 per game) and two rushing touchdowns in his past three games against the AFC North. Running back Javorius Allen also rushed for a touchdown last week. He had 71 rush yards in his last road game against the Bengals. Running back Kenneth Dixon had a rushing touchdown in Week 1. He has 143 scrimmage yards and a rushing touchdown in his past two ames against the Bengals.Wide receiver Michael Crabtree has 26 touchdown catches since 2015, tied for fourth in the NFL. Wide receiver John Brown had a touchdown catch in his last game against the Bengals (11/22/15 with the Cardinals). He has 304 receiving yards (101.3 per game) and two touchdowns in three career games against the AFC North.Linebacker Terrell Suggs had two sacks and a forced fumble in his last road game against Cincinnati. He has five sacks and three forced fumbles in his past five games against the Bengals. Linebacker C.J. Mosley had eight tackles and an interception in his last game at Cincinnati. In his past six games against the AFC North, Mosely has 55 tackles (9.2 per game), two forced fumbles and an interception. Since entering NFL in 2014, he is the only player with over 450 tackles (474), eight sacks and eight interceptions. Safety Eric Weddle has three interceptions in his past five games against divisional opponents. Linebacker Matthew Judon had a sack in the last meeting. He aims for his third game in a row with a sack against a divisional opponent. Corner back Brandon Carr aims for his third game in a row with an interception in Cincinnati.
Read More...12 days ago
- linchao created a new topic ' Carlos Dunlap and NFL analysts react to the Bengal' in the forum.With 1 minute and 54 seconds remaining in the third quarter of the Bengals’ Week 1 win over the Colts Womens John Ross Jersey , defensive end Carlos Dunlap had a strip sack on Colts quarterback Andrew Luck. It was recovered by Clayton Fejedelem who ran it 35 yards to the Indianapolis four-yard line. Unfortunately, the ball was brought back to the Bengals’ 48 yard line due to a roughing the passer call on Dunlap. Bengals fans did not like it. And NFL analysts around the country didn’t like. it. Oh, and Dunlap definitely didn’t like it either.“I planked and rolled off right away and I tried to let the referee know I was not trying to be malicious and drive him through the ground because I know it’s Andrew Luck after two years, so they’re going to call it tight regardless,” Dunlap said, via Katherine Terrell. “So I tried to do the next best thing. There was no other way for me to try to avoid him on the front side so on the back side I tried to keep my weight from driving him into the ground Youth Clint Boling Jersey , which is the terminology they used.”How are you supposed to sack a quarterback without using your body weight? That question remains unanswered, despite the NFL’s new rule indicating such tackling is not allowed.From Mike Golic to Trent Dilfer, the NFL community spoke out about the highly questionable call on Dunlap. It was his second roughing the passer penalty in the game.Dunlap even replied to Dilfer.Dunlap is breathing easy as the Bengals still won the game, but that play could have been a huge difference maker. The score was 23-17 in the favor of the Colts at the time. The Bengals would have had first-and-goal, if the play counted.Dunlap got a sack two plays later to show the officials who’s really boss.Most importantly, the Bengals are 1-0 Bengals Carlos Dunlap Jersey , my friends!Update (Monday 6:45 p.m. ET): The NFL’s senior vice president of officiating, Al Riveron, told NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero that the call on Dunlap was correct and by the NFL rules.Meanwhile, a call made on Browns defensive end Myles Garrett was not correct.Bengals open as significant favorite over Dolphins The Bengals are 3-1 heading into their Week 5 matchup with the Dolphins.Cincinnati needed every last second to pull off a 37-36 road win over the Falcons on Sunday, which has this franchise back in prime playoff position after back-to-back non-playoff seasons.But don’t sleep on the Dolphins, who got off to a fast start before losing 38-7 at New England in Week 4. No one is faulting a team for losing on the road vs. the Patriots Nick Vigil Jersey , and the Dolphins are still in good shape for a playoff run if they get back on track in Week 5.The Bengals are obviously hoping to prevent that, and oddsmakers expect them to. The early odds for Week 5 have the Bengals favored by 5.5 points at home over the Dolphins. It’s a pretty big spread for a matchup of 3-1 teams, not to mention the Bengals have a host of injury questions heading into this contest, though Joe Mixon is expected to make his return following a two-game absence with a knee injury. Still, this is a game the Bengals should absolutely win at home. NFL Week 5 OddsColts @ Patriots -10.5 Ravens @ Browns +1.5 Jaguars @ Chiefs -3 Titans @ Bills +3 Giants @ Panthers -7 Broncos @ Jets -2.5 Falcons @ Steelers -4 Packers @ Lions +1.5 Dolphins @ Bengals -5.5 Raiders @ Chargers -6 Cardinals @ 49ers -3 Vikings @ Eagles -3 Rams @ Seahawks +7.5 Cowboys @ Texans -3.5 Washington @ Saints -7 Bye weeks: Bears and Buccaneers
Read More...24 days ago
- The Green Bay Packers are practicing in front of the public again on Monday Youth Lane Taylor Jersey , taking the field as they prepare for Friday's preseason game against the Oakland Raiders. The big story this weekend is the return of outside linebacker Nick Perry, who was cleared to practice and removed from the PUP list on Sunday in time for a closed practice. Today will be his first practice in front of fans since last year's training camp, as he missed the entire offseason program following ankle surgery.This should be great news for a Packers defense that has struggled to find a second consistent backup at the position this summer. Reggie Gilbert looks like a solid rotational player through two preseason games, but the team's other backups have yet to display consistency or significant success through most of camp.Meanwhile, Packers fans will hope to see a few players who suffered injuries last Thursday against the Steelers back on the field. That group includes starting running back Jamaal Williams and right guard Justin McCray, as well as wide receiver Jake Kumerow, who appears to be leading the battle for a roster spot and the WR4 job.Follow along with practice and discuss in the comments below.Practice Updates from Packers MediaTweets from twitter.com/TexWestern/lists/packers-newsTuesday Cheese Curds: Packers will rely heavily on Jaire Alexander and Josh Jackson The final roster cuts have happened http://www.packersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-clay-matthews-jersey , the roster is mostly stabilized and now all that’s left is to count the days down to Sunday.With Labor Day officially in the books, welcome to Week 1!After an off-season that featured more turnover both in player personnel and the front office than they’ve seen in years, the Green Bay Packers are ready to take on the 2018 season.One of the bigger changes Green Bay made was (yet again) overhauling their secondary, but this time around there is relative hope the team got it right.Rookie cornerbacks Jaire Alexander and Josh Jackson will be heavily relied upon to contribute immediately and while you don’t want to overstate preseason performances, the two youngsters made their presence known in August.Jackson intercepted two passes and returned one for a touchdown and Alexander also had an interception against the Oakland Raiders. Their ball hawking skills have come as advertised.This will be welcome news for a defense that almost got accustomed to being torn to shreds. Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine will be leaning heavily on the two rookies and while that’s not always an ideal case, Alexander and Jackson seem up to the task.You can read more on the rookie cornerback duo in today’s cheese curds.Green Bay Packers’ defense depending on top rookies to make immediate impact—PackersNews.comThe two certainly have the swagger and the potential. It might be rough sailing early, but they should grow into their roles by the end of the season.Prank text gives Packers’ Robert Tonyan cut-down day scare—ESPNNo one pushes around Big Bob Tonyan like that.A Journeyman’s Run to Become the Most Unlikely Packer—MMQBA great read on Jake Kumerow who was earning the trust of his teammates before injuring his shoulder. The best part? Those singing his praises were the likes of Aaron Rodgers Blake Martinez Jersey , Davante Adams and Mike Daniels.After a rare losing year, the revamped Packers look to return to elite status-Chicago TribuneWhen they aren’t writing snarky tweets about Rodgers, the Tribune usually publishes good content. This is a great review of the changes Green Bay has made and how they hope to rejoin the league’s elite.Khalil Mack expected to play Week 1 vs Packers—Packers WireTime to saddle up, David Bakhtiari and Bryan Bulaga. There’s a Mack truck coming your way.
Read More...24 days ago
- linchao created a new topic ' Arrowheadlines: “Once feared” Broncos defense face' in the forum.The latestChiefs need to put the burden on Broncos QB Case Keenum | The Wichita EagleThe Patrick Mahomes show started last season in Denver | ESPNTravis Kelce on facing Von Miller: ‘He strikes fear in guys’ | Yahoo! SportsFall of a pass defense: Once feared Broncos secondary being picked on | The Denver PostNo Fantasy Player Is More Explosive in Prime Time Than Tyreek Hill | The Action NetworkAround the leagueBroncos Insider: Von Miller describes his most impactful play | The Denver PostThe best and worst moments from NFL Sunday in Week 4 | SB NationThe biggest injuries of NFL Week 4 | ESPNAdam Vinatieri sets NFL’s all-time field goal record | NFLEarl Thomas and Le’Veon Bell are leading the way in how NFL players fight for their salaries | SB NationKoetter discussed replacing Ryan Fitzpatrick in team meeting | NFLNFL could soon pull plug on DirecTV deal | Yahoo! SportsIn case you missed it at Arrowhead PrideChiefs vs Broncos: Game and score predictionsREPORT: Eric Berry has a Haglund’s deformity on his heelTony Gonzalez says Patrick Mahomes will break the single-season touchdown record...Social Media Information:AP Facebook Page: Click here to like our pageAP Instagram: Follow @ArrowheadPrideAP Twitter: Follow @ArrowheadPrideAP Editor-in-Chief: Pete Sweeney: Follow @pgsween610 Sports Twitter: Follow @610SportsKCTravis Kelce uses his “zest for life” and “passion for people” to do good in Kansas City It was quite the little weekend for Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce. It all started last Thursday night at Kelce’s third-annual Walk the Walk fashion show event http://www.chiefsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-eric-murray-jersey , which benefited his foundation, 87 & Running, as well as Children’s Mercy Hospital and Operation Breakthrough. The Guild provided a lively yet intimate setting that set the stage for the uniquely-styled looks from various local Kansas City boutiques on the runway. However, the night’s real showstoppers proved to be the children from Operation Breakthrough, a charity that serves children in need in Kansas City and works closely with Kelce’s foundation, whose dance moves yielded a standing ovation from the crowd. Appearances by fellow Chiefs teammates, including quarterback Patrick Mahomes, as well as highly-coveted auction items, such as memorabilia signed by other Chiefs players and Kelce himself, made for a successful night of infectious fun and giving back. When it came time to address the crowd, the real reason behind why everyone was there became even more evident, as Kelce delivered an emotional speech in which he credited his mother’s influence as being the biggest catalyst behind his drive to help others. “The Chiefs Kingdom is everything to me, but anywhere I can lend a helping hand to anybody, that’s what I’m all for,” Kelce said. “I’ve been genuine in that because of my mother. I got emotional up there, but it’s because I’m a very passionate person and it’s what I believe in.”That passion Kelce is referring to is something that has been present in him from a young age. At least that’s what his mother, Donna, said while watching her son interact with attendees.She said, with immense pride, that Kelce has had a “zest for life” and “passion for people” ever since she can remember. A larger-than-life passion like that can only mean big things and those big things may already be on the horizon. In fact Ron Parker Jersey , Kelce said he’s already thinking about broadening the reach of his foundation.“It’s unbelievable,” Kelce said about the growth of Walk the Walk over just three years. “Hopefully, next year it gets even bigger. I’m working on branching out to Cleveland Heights, Ohio, which is where I’m from.” Kelce’s good deeds did not end Thursday night when the curtain closed, though.The following morning, as if perfectly on cue, he was recognized as the NFL’s Week 2 Community MVP on Friday — just hours after the close of Walk the Walk. The honor was a result of Kelce’s work in opening the 87 & Running Robotics Lab, which provides a safe space and educational opportunities for the underserved kids in the Kansas City area.According to the NFLPA, “The innovative and groundbreaking lab opened its doors on Sept. 18 as part of a large-scale expansion at Operation Breakthrough, a local non-profit that serves more than 300 students by paving a pathway for them to succeed. Kelce personally donated $45,000 to the project – half from his own pocket and half from his 87 & Running Foundation.”While Kelce considers it an act as simple as, “just doing what his mother taught him to do,” Chiefs head coach Andy Reid commented on his tight end’s honor by relaying a story that shed light on just how big Kelce’s heart really is.“We were at training camp and went out to [dinner],” Reid said. “The tight ends were there and this little kid saw Travis, came up and gave him a hug and wouldn’t let go. Travis embraced it. He made that little guy feel like he was the greatest kid on Earth. That’s how he rolls – he has a good heart.”And what better way to cap off the weekend than with a third straight Chiefs victory to start the season? On Sunday, after a weekend of good off of the field, Kelce demonstrated just how good he is on the field. Kelce helped lift the Chiefs to a 38-27 victory over the San Francisco 49ers in a performance that featured a dazzling one-handed catch, which preceded the Chiefs fifth and final touchdown of the day just before the second half.
Read More...24 days ago
- The Los Angeles Rams are sorely missing their All-Pro kicker. While there is a chance that Gregr Zuerlein could return for the Rams week 5 game against the Seattle Seahawks Los Angeles Rams Hats , that is by no means a guarantee. In last week’s shootout with the Minnesota Vikings, Sam Ficken drew a lot of ire from Rams fans and head coach Sean McVay took notice as well.From his press conference the day after the Rams week 4 victory:(On an update on K Greg Zuerlein and if he’s committed with K Sam Ficken going forward)Kicker isn’t like other positions in the NFL. It is an oddity in the sense that kickers are largely interchangeable. There are two paths that teams can take when looking at a potential change: the young and old. Given the Rams long term security at the position, I’m going to pass over Roberto Aguayo and Giorgio Tavecchio.When perusing available kickers Los Angeles Rams Hoodie , two names immediately pop out at me as potential short term solutions: Blair Walsh and Nick Novak. Both have seasons of over 90% field goal completions and a career completion rate north of 80%.Yes, they both had their issues in 2017.No, they aren’t perfect fits.But I trust special teams coordinator to get the most out of a couple of seasoned veterans. They would both be less nerve racking options than Ficken.Turf Show Radio S10E30: Week 5 (@ SEA) recap 2:32: Asshats!3:35: Joey went to a Chicago Cubs-themed party8:38: Rob-o starts his recap of the game after being there in person14:02: This was NFC West football16:45: Standout players. Joey: CB Marcus Peters. 3k (18:04): K Cairo Santos. Rob-o (19:10): WR Robert Woods22:16: Joey’s report card29:10: “This is a defense that has given up 85 points over the last three games...”35:15 McVay’s Brass Balls鈩?8:00: “Is the juice worth the squeeze?”40:15: “Every single fan base is looking at the Rams and looking at McVay and saying Youth Customized Los Angeles Rams Jerseys , damn, I wish that guy was our head coach.”42:13: The Brandin Cooks hit and why 3k thinks it’s the most fascinating play of the season56:31: “The brutality has been there for decades.”1:00:10: Jared Goff would be a horrible host1:02:15: The only video games Jared Goff plays are golf video games to get better at actual golf1:04:43: “Thassa Haggar!”1:08:15: Rob-O joins the Cooper Kupp ClanThe show is now on iTunes, Art19 and Spotify too.
Read More...24 days ago
- Note to opposing pitchers: Fear the beard.
The Colorado Rockies‘ Charlie Blackmon is starting to return to the form that saw him lead the National League with a .331 batting average last season http://www.officialpenguinsproshop.com/authentic-adidas-justin-schultz-jersey , when he also had career highs with 37 home runs and 104 RBIs.
The bearded Blackmon homered in the first inning for the second time in the past three games Friday and added two other hits, sparking the Rockies to a 7-1 victory at Seattle. It was Colorado’s fourth straight win and seventh in the past eight games.
“It’s really good to continue to try and win games, play team baseball, even if you’re not feeling real awesome at the plate,” Blackmon told MLB.com earlier this week.
Blackmon hit a first-inning homer Tuesday in an 8-1 victory against San Francisco, then went deep against longtime Mariners ace Felix Hernandez on Friday.
During the Rockies’ four-game win streak, Blackmon is batting .471 (8-for-17) with two homers, four RBIs and has six runs scored. By contrast, from June 6 to Monday’s 5-2 victory over the Giants, Blackmon hit .216 (22-for-102) with two homers.
“This guy is the National League batting champion,” Rockies manager Bud Black said. “He’s an All-Star, started the All-Star Game, hit 37 home runs, knocked in 100 runs from the leadoff position. He’s going to be pitched tough the next year, for sure.
“And Charlie, at times, has come out of his game a little bit. Our conversation with Charlie has been, ‘Hey, be yourself.’ “
And that’s when opponents fear the beard.
“I’ve felt pretty good the past couple of days,” Blackmon admitted.
Blackmon will face a tough task Saturday afternoon in Seattle against Mariners left-hander James Paxton (8-2, 3.39 ERA). Paxton is 1-1 with a 2.16 ERA in two career starts against the Rockies.
In his most recent start, Paxton pitched eight shutout innings, giving up just two hits while striking out 11, in a 1-0 victory over the Royals on Sunday.
Blackmon has a .305 career average against lefties. Of the left-handed batters with a minimum of 750 plate appearances, the only ones in baseball history with a better average against southpaws are Ichiro Suzuki, Tony Gwynn, Rod Carew and Larry Walker.
Colorado will send left-hander Kyle Freeland (8-6, 3.25) to the mound. Freeland has made one career start against the Mariners, a 6-3 win at Safeco Field last season. He pitched six innings in that game and allowed two runs on six hits. In five career interleague starts, Freeland is 4-0 with a 2.14 ERA.
The Mariners hope to have outfielder Mitch Haniger back Saturday.
Haniger, who is second in the American League with 62 RBIs Kris Letang Jersey , has missed the past two games with a bruised right knee.
“(Thursday) it was really sore, but it’s calmed down quite a bit,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said before Friday’s game. “He had it looked at by the doctor and it’s day-to-day. Hopefully he goes along good today and he possibly could get back in there (Saturday). He was definitely moving and feeling better.”
Mariners second baseman Dee Gordon left Friday’s game in the sixth inning after trying to score from third base on a ball that was in the dirt and got away from Colorado catcher Tony Wolters. But Wolters quickly recovered and flipped to pitcher German Marquez, who tagged out Gordon, who tried to score standing up. Gordon landed awkwardly after crossing the plate and Servais said Gordon “tweaked his hip.”
“I think he’ll be OK,” Servais said. “We’ll know more (Saturday) morning.”
NEW YORK — The Atlanta Braves have fared well against teams with winning records so far this season and this week will test their success.
The first stop for the Braves will be a visit to Yankee Stadium for the opener of a three-game interleague series with the New York Yankees on Monday night.
Atlanta (48-34) heads to New York after completing a three-game sweep of the St. Louis Cardinals with a 6-5 victory on Sunday.
Mike Foltynewicz pitched five one-hit innings and the Braves improved to 30-19 against teams with winning records, which is the best mark in the National League. Only the Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Houston Astros are performing better against winning opponents.
Atlanta begins a stretch of 16 of 18 games against teams with winning records. After visiting Yankee Stadium for the first time since June 2012, the Braves visit Milwaukee for four games next weekend and host the Arizona Diamondbacks on July 13-15.
Freddie Freeman hit a two-run homer Sunday. He is 9-for-52 (.173) in his last 12 games.
“It’s coming,” Atlanta manager Brian Snitker told reporters after Freeman hit his 16th homer of the season. “Somebody’s going to pay. It’s just one of those things that everybody goes through.
“He’s working, and we still have unbelievable confidence in him and what he brings. You feel like he’s going to do something special every time he goes up there.”
The Yankees also will get their first looks at rookie outfielder Ronald Acuna Jr. and second baseman Ozzie Albies.
Acuna went 4-for-13 in the weekend series after missing a month with a mild ACL sprain and contusion in his left knee and also a lower back contusion. The 20-year-old is batting .269 with six homers and 15 RBIs in his first 32 games.
Albies enters with a .275 average and on an 11-game hitting streak. During the longest streak of his career, he is batting .431 (22-for-51).
The Yankees own the best home record in the majors at 31-12 and are 26-7 in their last 33 home games. New York also has slugged 77 of its major league-leading 137 homers at home after setting a season high with six in Sunday’s 11-1 rout of the Boston Red Sox.
Aaron Hicks hit three homers and Aaron Judge belted his 22nd, rookie Gleyber Torres hit his 15th and Kyle Higashioka delivered his first as the Yankees roughed up David Price.
Anibal Sanchez, who is 3-2 with a 2.68 ERA in nine appearances (eight starts), gets the ball for the Braves. He’s hoping to avoid his third straight loss after allowing six runs and 10 hits in 9 2/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays and the Cincinnati Reds.
Sanchez exited his last start on Tuesday with right calf cramps after throwing a pitch to Cincinnati’s Joey Votto.
Sanchez is making his 271st career start. The first start of his career occurred June 25, 2006, at old Yankee Stadium when he allowed seven hits in 5 2/3 scoreless innings for the Miami Marlins against a lineup featuring Derek Jeter, Jason Giambi, Alex Rodriguez and Robinson Cano.
Including his major league debut, Sanchez is 4-1 with a 3.79 ERA in six career starts against the Yankees. He last faced New York on Aug. 1 with the Detroit Tigers and held the Yankees to two runs and six hits in 6 2/3 innings in a 4-3 win at Yankee Stadium. It also was his last win with the Tigers.
If Sanchez gives the Braves a chance for a save opportunity in the ninth inning, Arodys Vizcaino could close it out. Vizcaino was placed on the disabled list June 24 with shoulder inflammation, took a rest day Sunday after throwing a side session Saturday and could be activated for the opener.
Vizcaino last pitched June 17. Before going on the DL, he posted a 1.82 ERA, converted 15 of 17 save opportunities and struck out 33 in 29 2/3 innings in 30 appearances.
Jonathan Loaisiga will make his fourth start since being inserted into the rotation for Masahiro Tanaka (hamstrings). Loaisiga is 2-0 with a 1.93 ERA in his first three starts.
Two of those starts were scoreless outings as he threw a combined 10 1/ 3 scoreless innings, allowed four hits and fanned 14 in wins over Tampa Bay on June 15 and at Philadelphia last Monday. His other start was June 20 when he allowed three runs and six hits in 3 2/3 innings of a 7-5 win over the Seattle Mariners decided on a walk-off homer by Stanton.
“He was a lot more assertive, a lot more aggressive with his fastball and challenging the strike zone with it,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said. “We saw a number of really good breaking balls. We saw some good changeups. When he got in some putaway counts, I felt like he did a better job of making it look like a strike out of the hand, which is something you’ve got to be better at here in the big leagues.”
Monday will be the 30th regular-season meeting between the teams, who met in the 1996 and 1999 World Series. The Yankees are 17-12 all-time against the Braves.
Read More...32 days ago
- The Ravens are preparing to start the season without their top cornerback.
Jeff Zrebiec of The Athletic reports that Smith is appealing a multi-week suspension for violation of the league’s personal conduct policy. Smith Mario Lemieux Jersey , 30, left the team over the weekend after two days of joint practices with the Colts to meet with league officials Monday, per Zrebiec.
He did not play Monday night.
Smith’s violation is unclear.
The NFL was monitoring a child custody case between Smith and the mother of his first child last year, according to Zrebiec. The Baltimore Sun reported in November that Micaela Sanchez accused Smith of domestic violence and illegal drug use in a petition filed in the Baltimore County Court.
CANTON, Ohio (AP) — One of the great leaders football has seen, Ray Lewis used his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction speech to call for more enlightened leadership in the United States.
The last of the seven members of the class of 2018 on hand to be enshrined, Lewis eschewed notes and the lectern, instead strolling along the stage and passionately urging his listeners to come together.
“Are you living every day to make this world better?” Lewis asked Saturday night at the end of his 33-minute oratory, often invoking the teachings of Martin Luther King. “Think what we can do if we work together as a country … teaching our nation to love each other again.
“It’s how we react to the challenges in our life that shows our greatness. How do we execute that dream? Who will answer that knock on the door in the middle of the night? And it has to start right now. We need people willing to fight for what is good and what is right.”
Turning to the 140 Hall of Famers on the stage, he told them: “We can go from being legends to building a legacy bigger than football, bigger than sports. Look at what unites us … the answer is simple, love. Hope, faith and love, and the greatest is love.”
Lewis was joined by Randy Moss Josh Doctson Jersey , Brian Dawkins, Brian Urlacher, Jerry Kramer, Robert Brazile and Bobby Beathard as inductees at the hall ceremony.
One of the best linebackers in NFL history, Lewis won two Super Bowls with the Ravens; he often chanted “BALTIMORE!” during his speech.
“Tell me something can’t be done is like pouring lighter fluid on an open flame,” said Lewis, a two-time Defensive Player of the Year who won a second Super Bowl for the 2012 season — coming back from a torn triceps — then retired. He was the MVP of the 2001 title game.
“I came back, and boy did I come back,” Lewis said. “When you walk off the last time with that thing, that Lombardi, it’s a confirmation I am living proof of the impossible.”
A first-year nominee, Lewis was selected 26th overall in the 1996 draft — what were other teams thinking? He wasn’t even Baltimore’s first choice: Jonathan Ogden was, and the big tackle made the Hall of Fame in 2013.
His impact was immediate, both on the field Authentic Eric Berry Jersey , in the locker room, and even in pregame introductions, when his “squirrel dance” fired up fans and teammates alike. He and Ogden even did a short version on the stage.
Lewis was the first player with 40 sacks and 30 interceptions in a career. An eight-time All-Pro and inside linebacker on the 2000s NFL All-Decade Team, he had a franchise-record 2,643 career tackles.
Dawkins also delivered a powerful speech and, as he promised, cried during it.
One of the hardest-hitting and most versatile safeties in NFL history, Dawkins stared at his bust and nodded his approval to the crowd.
“The majority of success I have had has come on the back end of pain,” he said noting he had suicidal thoughts when he battled depression. “On the other side of it, all of a sudden I became better. There’s a purpose for my pain.
“I have grown leaps and bounds because of the things I went through. For those going through this now, there is hope on the other side. Keep moving, keep pushing through.”
Dawkins was the leader of an Eagles defense that made four straight NFC championship games and one Super Bowl. Voted to the 2000s NFL All-Decade Team and a five-time All-Pro, Dawkins intercepted passes in 15 consecutive seasons and had 37 picks overall. He averaged nearly 100 tackles a year and spotlighted his versatility as the first player in NFL history to get a sack, interception Mike Smith Jersey , fumble recovery and touchdown catch (on a screen pass) in a game, against Houston in 2002.
Urlacher became a record-28th Chicago Bear inducted into the hall. A first-year nominee who filled the tradition of great middle linebackers in the Windy City so brilliantly, Urlacher actually was a safety at New Mexico. Chicago selected him ninth overall in the 2000 draft and immediately converted him to linebacker. He spent two weeks in training camp on the outside, then was moved inside — for 13 spectacular seasons.
“I love everything about football: the friendships, the coaches, the teachers, the challenges, the opportunity to excel. I loved going to work every day for 13 years,” said the 2000 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year and 2005 Defensive Player of the Year, a season in which Urlacher had 171 tackles.
The five-time All-Pro and member of the 2000s NFL All-Decade Team even did some work on special teams.
But it was in the heart of the defense where he shone.
“The most coveted position for a defensive player to play is middle linebacker for the Chicago Bears,” said Urlacher, who had to hold back tears several times. “Just think about it. I hope over my 13 seasons I made you Bears fans proud.”
Another first-year nominee, the 6-foot-4, 210-pound Moss brought the perfect combination of height Brock McGinn Jersey Kids , speed, soft hands and agility to Minnesota as the 21st overall draft pick in 1998 after a rocky college career. His 69 receptions, 17 for touchdowns, and 1,313 yards helped the Vikings go 15-1 and earned him Offensive Rookie of the Year honors.
That was just the start for the eccentric but always dynamic Moss. When he finally hooked up with an elite quarterback, he caught a record 23 TD passes from Tom Brady in New England’s perfect 2007 regular season.
Moss rubbed the face and top of his bust, then delivered a sermon worthy of any church or synagogue. He paid tribute to his family, to the fans of his five teams, and to his roots in West Virginia — he promised he would return to his hometown of Rand on Sunday to show o Authentic Dallas Cowboys Jerseys
Read More...42 days ago
- profile added a new comment in Top 10 Tips for a successful Wanderjahr (round-the-world trip)42 days ago
I am facing an issue with the Wifi connection from my laptop to the Meshlium device. I turned on the device, the signal appears in my Wifi list, but continiously is dissapearing and appearing, disconnecting my laptop from Meshlium. And suddenly, the signal dissappears permanently, until I reboot the device.
What could be a problem here?
I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
Web Animation Service
Read More...136 days ago